Speak Your Mind Effectively!
The best, most direct way to convey your intelligence, expertise, professionalism, and personality to other people is through talking to them. But most people have no idea what they sound like. And even if they do, they don’t think they can change it. It’s the Way You Say It is a thorough, nuts-and-bolts guide to becoming aware and taking control of how you communicate with others.
Dr. Carol Fleming provides detailed advice and scores of exercises for
• Understanding how others hear you
• Dealing with specific speech problems
• Varying your vocal patterns to make your speech more dynamic
• Using grammar and vocabulary to increase your clarity and impact
• Reinforcing your message with nonverbal cues
• Conquering stage fright
An entire section of the book focuses on communication issues in the workplace—interviews, presentations, voice mail, and more. Dr. Fleming puts a human face on her advice through vivid before-and-after stories of forty men and women who came to her for help.