Emotional Chaos to Clarity
How to Live More Skillfully, Make Better Decisions, and Find Purpose in Life
Narrated by Fred Stella / 8 hours 46 minutes
Despite our best-laid plans, life can often be difficult, disappointing, and stressful. Consequently, when things don’t go right, we are often left in a state of emotional chaos, dealing with feelings like anger, anxiety, frustration, and doubt, which can cloud our perspective and negatively affect the way we live our lives. But in this inspiring audiobook, Phillip Moffitt shows us that we need not be at the mercy of our emotions. By cultivating a responsive mind rather than a reactive one, we can achieve a state of emotional clarity that allows us to live skillfully and act with wisdom even in the face of obstacles or unhappiness.
Moffitt writes from a perspective that is grounded in both Western psychology and Buddhist philosophy. He leads us on a path that takes us from being caught in old, self-defeating habits of mind to a place of clarity where we can act from the wisdom of our intentions. Moffitt offers step-by-step exercises for abandoning unskillful behaviors and describes essential life skills that anyone can develop. Some of the benefits of skillful living are:
• Knowing and acting from our core values at all times
• Gaining wisdom from both pleasant and unpleasant experiences
• Having an inner life in which love can flourish, even if our outer life is filled with challenges
• Learning to speak only what is true, useful, and timely, even during moments of anger or outrage
• Freeing ourselves from the past
• Being able to soothe ourselves when we feel disappointed or overwhelmed by life
Elegantly written with both precision and compassion, Emotional Chaos to Clarity is an indispensable guide for those wishing to move through life’s challenges with a calm, clear mind and a peaceful, loving heart.
Gift this Audiobook
Simply email this audiobook to a friend or print a certificate for later. Either way, your gift supports local bookstores and lets you share a story with the touch of a button.