To the owner of the Distinguished Academy of Governesses
Dear Madame Owner, I am looking for an experienced companion for my sweet, elderly, slightly dotty aunt, and that companion must be:
1. Tall, blonde and twenty-seven years of age.
2. Desirous of living in an ancient castle in an isolated area of Lancashire.
3. Not nervous about any sinister rumors about me.
Sincerely, the newly titled Marquess of Raeburn
From the owner of the Distinguished Academy of Governesses
My dear, mysterious Lord Raeburn, Coincidentally, I fulfill all your requisites. However, as condition to accepting this position, I insist on the following:
1. That no interest be shown in my past.
2. That I have the free time to explore Lancashire for reasons that I will not divulge.
3. That you not bother to deny your culpability in the disappearance of your wife.
4. That we will not indulge in familiarity that will surely lead to another disastrous, passionate interlude between us.
Sincerely, Hannah Setterington