In this supportive guide, a widow and a mental health expert provide guidance and thoughtful advice for anyone dealing with traumatic loss.
When FOX11's weather anchor Maria Quiban Whitesell's husband Sean was diagnosed with Glioblastoma (GBM), a deadly form of brain cancer, she was completely unprepared. How would she possibly explain what was happening to their young son, Gus? How should she respond when people ask inappropriate questions? What about just dealing with the details of the day-to-day?
In You Can't Do It Alone, Whitesell tells her story and teams up with licensed therapist Lauren Schneider to provide readers with a roadmap for walking through illness, death and grief. Whitesell and Schneider explore:
- Discussing a serious diagnosis in an honest, clear manner
- Navigating control over life when you feel no control
- Finding your support group
- Dealing with memories, family and friends
- Helping balance work, caregiving, parenting and much, much more