The Great Treehouse War
By Lisa Graff
Narrated by Ariana Delawari & Various / 4 hours 12 minutes
Kids vs. parents! An epic treehouse sleepover! An awesome group of friends! An exciting new book from National Book Award finalist Lisa Graff.
Winnie's last day of fourth grade ended with a pretty life-changing surprise. That was the day Winnie’s parents got divorced, the day they decided that Winnie would live three days a week with each of them and spend Wednesdays by herself in a treehouse smack between their houses, to divide her time perfectly evenly between them. It was the day Winnie’s seed of frustration with her parents was planted, a seed that grew and grew until it felt like it was as big as a tree itself.
By the end of fifth grade, Winnie decides that the only way to change things is to barricade herself in her treehouse until her parents come to their senses—and her friends decide to join her. It’s kids versus grown-ups, and no one wants to back down first. But with ten kids in one treehouse, all with their own demands, Winnie discovers that things can get pretty complicated pretty fast! Even if they are having the most epic slumber party ever.
In the newest novel by beloved National Book Award finalist Lisa Graff, kids have turned the tables on their parents, and all the rules have been tossed out the window. But does Winnie have what it takes to hold her ground and keep everyone happy?
This story, with a pitch-perfect middle grade voice and zany yet poignant situation, is perfect for fans of Sharon Creech, Louis Sachar, and Jack Gantos.
Featuring Ariana Delawari as Winnie, alongside a full cast of narrators:
Michael Crouch, as Lyle
Robbie Daymond, as Joey
Lauren Fortgang, as Jolee
Felicia Leicht, as Tabitha
Sunil Malhotra, as Aayush
Kathleen McInerney, as Greta
Cassandra Morris, as Squizzy
Tara Sands, as Brogan and Logan
and also featuring Stephen Barbara, Brandon Beatty, Aaron Blank, Scott Brick, Cassandra Campbell, Danny Campbell, Karen Dziekonski, Andrea Georges, Benny Goldmintz, Lisa Graff, Ryan Graff, Kaleo Griffith, Lorna Henry, Sarah Jaffe, Ashley Kooblall, Nick Martorelli, Emily Parliman, Richard Romaniello, Amy Rubinate, Jennifer Rubins, Jill Santopolo, Rebecca Waugh, and Julianna Wilson
Praise for Lisa Graff's novels:
Lost in the Sun
* "Graff writes with stunning insight [and] consistently demonstrates why character-driven novels can live from generation to generation."—Kirkus Reviews, starred review
* "Weighty matters deftly handled with humor and grace will give this book wide appeal."—School Library Journal, starred review
* "Characterization is thoughtful."—BCCB, starred review
"This is a novel that speaks powerfully, honestly, almost shockingly about our human pain and our human redemption. This book will change you."—Gary Schmidt, author of The Wednesday Wars
"Lisa Graff crafts a compelling story about a boy touched with tragedy and the world of people he cares about. And like all the best stories, it ends at a new beginning."—Richard Peck, author of A Year Down Yonder
* "A perfect book to share with struggling readers."—Booklist, starred review
* "Achingly superb, Albie’s story shines."—Kirkus Reviews, starred review
* "Graff’s...gentle story invokes evergreen themes of coming to appreciate one’s strengths (and weaknesses), and stands out for its thoughtful, moving portrait of a boy who learns to keep moving forward, taking on the world at his own speed."—Publishers Weekly, starred review
"Lately the patrons of my school library have been asking, “Do you have any books like Wonder by R.J. Palacio?” and now I have the perfect offering."—BookPage
A Tangle of Knots
“Lisa Graff has created a beautiful world of deliciously interconnected stories that draw you in.”—Entertainment Weekly, A-
* “Subtle and intricate, rich with humor and insight, this quietly magical adventure delights.”—Kirkus Reviews, starred review
* “Combining the literary sensibility of E. B. White with the insouciance of Louis Sachar, Graff has written a tangle that should satisfy readers for years to come.”—Booklist, starred review
Gift this Audiobook
Simply email this audiobook to a friend or print a certificate for later. Either way, your gift supports local bookstores and lets you share a story with the touch of a button.