As many as 1.5 million children and adults in the U.S. have autism.
The lifetime cost of caring for a child with autism ranges from $3.5 – $5 million.
Our children — our future — is at stake. The world needs to listen to what Temple Grandin has to say.
In this innovative audiobook, Dr. Temple Grandin gets down to the REAL issues of autism, the ones parents, teachers, and individuals on the spectrum face every day. Temple offers helpful do’s and don’ts, practical strategies, and try-it-now tips, all based on her “insider” perspective and a great deal of research. These are just some of the specific topics Temple delves into:
• How and Why People with Autism Think Differently
• Economical Early Intervention Programs that Work
• How Sensory Sensitivities Affect Learning
• Behaviors Caused by a Disability vs. Just Bad Behaviors
• Teaching People with Autism to Live in an Unpredictable World
• Alternative Medicine vs. Conventional Medicine
• Employment Ideas for Adults with Autism
This REVISED & EXPANDED edition contains revisions based on the most current autism research, as well as 14 additional articles including The Role of Genetics and Environmental Factors in Causing Autism, Understanding the Mind of a Nonverbal Person with Autism, Finding Mentors and Appropriate Colleges, and many more!
"This book is insightful, helpful, and hopeful — just like the woman who wrote it! It is a ‘how-to’ guide that I am confident will leave any reader feeling both informed and inspired.” — Emily Gerson Saines, Executive Producer of the HBO movie Temple Grandin