Change Your Brain, Change Your Life (Before 25) is based on Dr. Jesse Payne's and Daniel Amen’s work together with young people and parents and educators who work with young people. It is an owner’s manual specifically written for the developing brain, packed with interesting information, relatable stories and easy-to-follow brain prescriptions and enhancement strategies. Its step-by-step instructions are tailored to optimize brain power while minimizing brain interference. The goal is to show listeners how to unlock the miraculous potential of the developing brain and rewire the young mind for a lifetime of real world success. In the vein of 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens and How Children Achieve, Change Your Brain, Change Your Life (Before 25) will empower young listeners and the parents, educators, coaches and professionals who work with young people.
A young brain is more than an adult brain with a few less miles on it. Its unique structure and chemical composition is constantly changing, growing and reshaping itself until around the age of 25. It’s a brain especially primed to reach its full potential when nurtured correctly—even more so than our adult brains. In fact, Jesse’s work has shown people under the age of 25 can transform their brains and change their lives in as little as two weeks’ time.
And let’s face it. The teen years are grueling. Twenty-somethings today are struggling more than ever. Parents’ concerns and frustrations are heightened. Times are especially tough for this age group. Just look at the press:
• Generation Screwed: With unemployment, the economy and a myriad of social issues, many young people graduating from high school and college today feel like Generation Screwed. This audiobook shows them how they can use their brain’s superpowers to rise above these challenges and succeed in the real world.
• Technology: As Digital Natives, this generation is more plugged in and exposed than any in history. I’ll show young people how to stay wired in without getting wired up and provide them the skills to understand and bridge the gap that often alienates them from the older generation most often responsible for their success in the real world.
• ADD, Depression, Anxiety: Hundreds of thousands of kids are hit with what I call the “Young Person’s Trifecta”: ADD, Depression, and Anxiety. This program tackles these neuro-obstacles and offers frustrated families and young people hope and solutions for a thriving, productive and happy life.
• Bullying: With the advent of technology and social media there are more and vicious ways a young person can be bullied. As I’ll illustrate to readers who’ve been the victim of bullying, they can strengthen their resiliency and rise above it. I’ll also provide a wakeup call to the bullies and show them how aggression hurts their brains.
• Wealth Gap: The majority of today’s teens and 20-somethings stand somewhere within a widening wealth gap: Some are raised with entitlement and have such a tight safety net they never learn to fail; others have few opportunities for enrichment or personal growth and no safety net whatsoever. Both situations are fraught with pitfalls which this audiobook helps listeners avoid and in many cases, use to their advantage.