In the #1 New York Times bestseller, The World Needs Who You Were Made to Be, Joanna Gaines celebrates how creativity and acceptance can come together to make for a bright and beautiful adventure. The book, illustrated by Julianna Swaney, follows a group of children as they each build their very own hot-air balloons. As the kids work together, leaning into their own skills and processes, we discover that the same is true for life—it's more beautiful and vibrant when our differences are celebrated.
Together with Joanna, you and your kids will take a journey of growth and imagination as you learn in full color to
- celebrate every child's one-of-a-kind strengths and differences;
- embrace teamwork;
- share our talents and abilities to make everything more beautiful; and
- lend a helping hand and do our best to show kindness and take care of one another.
The World Needs Who You Were Made to Be is a vibrant picture book perfect for
- ages 4–8;
- grandparents, parents, teachers, and librarians;
- classroom story times and discussions about diversity and being a good human being;
- households that enjoy watching Chip and Joanna on Magnolia Network and HGTV's Fixer Upper; and
- holiday or Christmas gift-giving, birthdays, or other celebrations.
With plenty of pink, a bounty of blue, orange and green and yellow too, this vibrant hot-air balloon adventure celebrates every child and teaches kids that we are in this together. “You're one of a kind, and it's so clear to see: The world needs who you were made to be.”