TOP TEN REASONS WHY REPUBLICANS SUCK
10. They're so incompetent they couldn't pour pee out of a boot if you wrote the instructions on the heel.
9. They lie like a rug. They lie like a dog. They lie like . . . ummm . . . a dog's rug. We mean, they just lie all the time.
8. They're a pack of crooks.
7. They are unbearably sanctimonious.
6. They have no sense of humor.
5. They're losing the war on terror.
4. They've put our economic future in Beijing's hands.
3. They steal elections.
2. Oh, yeah. They're destroying the planet, too.
1. They suck up to power.
Paul Begala was a chief strategist for the 1992 Clinton-Gore campaign. He served as counselor to the president in the Clinton White House, where he coordinated policy, politics, and communications. He was senior adviser to the pro-Obama Super PAC that played a critical role in reelecting Obama in 2012. He is the author of five books, including Is Our Children Learning?: The Case Against George W. Bush; It’s Still the Economy, Stupid; Buck Up, Suck Up...and Come Back When You Foul Up (with James Carville); Third Term: Why George W. Bush Loves John McCain; and Take it Back: Our Party, Our Country, Our Future (with James Carville). Begala is a CNN political commentator and an affiliated professor of public policy at Georgetown University’s McCourt School of Public Policy. Paul earned both his undergraduate and law degrees from the University of Texas. He and his wife live quietly in Virginia with their four sons and a German shepherd. (Okay, so they don’t live too quietly.)