Louder Than Words
Take Your Career from Average to Exceptional with the Hidden Power of Nonverbal Intelligence
Narrated by Paul Costanzo / 22 minutes
International bestselling author and behavior expert Joe Navarro helps you successfully navigate the business world by understanding what your boss and coworkers are really thinking.
Why is it that some people have all the elements of success—education, skills, integrity, motivation—but can't seem to move from effectiveness to excellence in their careers? Behavior expert Joe Navarro reveals the long-sought answer. Louder Than Words teaches how to master nonverbal intelligence, the ability to interpret and use nonverbal signals—in poker terms, "tells"—in business to assess and influence others.
Drawing on his decades in the behavioral sciences, Navarro shows how to use his simple yet powerful "comfort/discomfort" model to decode what's really being said at meetings, interviews, negotiations, presentations, business meals, and more, including the casual exchanges that often impact decisions and reputations.
Jump-start your career as you discover how to:
- Read body language to understand what clients, coworkers, interviewers, or interviewees are thinking, feeling, or intending, and discern nonverbal cues of concern, disagreement, or doubt—even over the phone
- Master the all-important first impression and use settings, seating, and gestures to inspire and captivate
- Recognize habits that send the wrong message, from nail biting to wearing inappropriate attire—and see what posture, work practices, workspaces, and even electronic habits say about people
- Become culturally aware and gender-sensitive, from best handshake practices to personal space preferences
- Learn what the "comfort dividend" can do for you and your business
- Explore how the concept of "curbside appeal" applies to you and your business, and can mean the difference between average and exceptional
Use Louder Than Words to close the deal, keep your customers, secure new ones, and lead your company with confidence. For job seekers looking to stand out from the pack, this book is your get-back-to-work bible.
Gift this Audiobook
Simply email this audiobook to a friend or print a certificate for later. Either way, your gift supports local bookstores and lets you share a story with the touch of a button.