Living Well in a Down Economy for Dummies - Abridged
Get smart about spending and saving—and ride out a recession!
Looking for practical ways to make every dollar count? This savvy guide gives you expert tips for tightening your belt and saving cash in every area of your life—from your house and car to dining and entertaining to banking and managing debt. You get realistic solutions for making smarter choices and living well in this time of economic turmoil—without extraordinary sacrifice!
- Bump up your take-home pay—spiff up your resume, find a good job fast, explore telecommuting, or start a home-based business
- Get your personal finances in tip-top shape—create a budget, pay down debt, save on insurance, and protect your retirement funds
- Develop recession-proof habits—use coupons and rebates, extend the life of your wardrobe, utilize community resources, travel on a budget, and save on utilities and fuel expenses
- Decorate on a dime and entertain on a shoestring—plan parties, celebrate the holidays, and give gifts without losing your shirt
- Bounce back from bad financial situations—improve bad credit scores, and negotiate with creditors or the IRS
Open the book and find:
- 125 tips for making changes in your life that allow you to continue to live well
- Ways to stand out on paper and in an interview when looking for a job
- Tips on managing debt—from working with credit counselors and consolidating your debts to boosting your income
- Smart solutions for weathering financial emergencies, from bankruptcy to foreclosure
Gift audiobook memberships
You pick the membership (1, 3, 6, or 12 months/credits), your gift recipient picks their own audiobooks, and your local bookstore is supported by your purchase.Start shopping