A supportive guide that gives busy moms permission to care for themselves, from a popular parenting blogger with one million Facebook followers
"Would you rather have a perfect mom, or a happy one?" This is the question that popular parenting blogger Rebecca Eanes couldn't get out of her head. So she asked her school-age son, who didn't miss a beat in responding: "A happy one."
Thus began a journey of reflection and repair work, as Rebecca asked herself an even harder question: How can I rediscover everyday joy amid the chaos of schedules, homework, and housework--not to mention the guilt, comparisons, loneliness, fear, and overwhelm? In other words, how can I become a happy mom again?
In this relatable guide, Rebecca walks readers through the process of getting back to happy, for your own sake as well as your family's. Going beyond the usual advice about finding balance, embracing gratitude, and not sweating the small stuff, her hard-won advice is written by a busy mom in the trenches. Topics include:
* Letting go of perfection (or anything close to it)
* Making peace with the past--including the pain of disappointment, loss, and the roads not taken
* Tuning in to your own wants and needs--and tuning out the comparisons, "shoulds," and noise of social media
* Finding magic in the mess
* Choosing joy over fear and worry
* Creating healthy boundaries so that everyone in your life can thrive (including you!)
Filled with fresh insights, simple strategies, and aha moments, this is that rare book you'll want to read, share, and return to for a booster shot of confidence, connection, and joy.
Includes a bonus PDF of “happiness habits” and journal prompts.