Share a video about what your bookstore means to you and receive a FREE audiobook.Learn more
How to Argue with a Cat
A Human's Guide to the Art of Persuasion
Narrated by Jay Heinrichs / 2 hours 24 minutes
Learn how to persuade cats--the world's most skeptical and cautious negotiators--with this primer on rhetoric and argument from the New York Times bestselling author of Thank You for Arguing!
Cats are skilled manipulators who can talk you into just about anything without a single word. They can get you to drop whatever you're doing and play with them. They can make you serve their dinner way ahead of schedule. They can get you to sit down right this instant and provide a lap. On the other hand, try getting a cat to do what you want....
While it's hard, persuading a cat is possible. And after that, persuading humans becomes a breeze, and that is what you will learn in this book. How to Argue with a Cat will teach you how to:
• Hold an intelligent conversation--one of the few things easier to do with a cat than a human.
• Argue logically, even if your opponent is furry and irrational.
• Hack up a fallacy (the hairball of logic).
• Make your body do the talking (cats are very good at this).
• Master decorum: the art of fitting in with cats, venture capitalists, or humans.
• Earn any creature's respect and loyalty.
Gift audiobook memberships
You pick the duration—1, 3, 6, or 12 months—they pick the audiobooks. Buying gifts from your local bookstore has never been so easy.Start gifting