Do you think you have to settle for a life of duty?
Every woman was once a little girl. And every little girl holds in her heart her most precious dreams. She longs to be swept up into a romance, to play an irreplaceable role in a great adventure, to be the beauty of the story. Those desires are far more than child's play. They are the secret to the feminine heart.
Staci Eldredge's message in Captivating is that your heart matters more than anything else in all creation. Some of Staci's best takeaways are:
- Learn how to guard the most important thing about you...your heart.
- Find courage to walk away from the ways we live out of fear.
- Let God tenderly open our wounds to set us free.
- Fight the right enemy. And it's not men. And it's not women.
- Possess a beauty that is worth pursuing.
- Our wounds reveal what we are meant to bring to the world.
Most women think they have to settle for a life of efficiency and duty, striving to be the women they "ought" to be, but often feeling they have failed. Sadly, too many messages for Christian women add to the pressure. "Do these ten things, and you will be a godly woman." The effect has not been good on the feminine soul. But her heart is still there.
The desires you had as a little girl and the longings you still feel are telling you of the life God created you to live. He offers to come now, as the Hero of your story—to rescue your heart and release you to live as a fully alive and feminine woman. A woman who is truly captivating.
- The Heart of a Woman (16:00)
- Fallen Eve (17:00)
- The Wound and the Healer (19:00)
- A Special Hatred (17:00)
- Beauty to Unveil (17:00)
- Your Irreplaceable Role (15:00)
The Audio Bible Study series provides a unique learning experience. Instead of sitting down to watch a video teaching for Bible study, listen to the same quality Bible study content on the go! Whether you listen on your commute, while walking outside, or over a lunch break, you can access high-quality audio Bible studies wherever you are. Get the most out of the teaching by diving into the accompanying study guide (sold separately) to walk through reflection questions and individual Bible study to go deeper.