Making Sense of the Bible
Rediscovering the Power of Scripture Today
Narrated by Sean Runnette / 9 hours 12 minutes
In Making Sense of the Bible, Adam Hamilton invites us into an honest conversation about the Bible. The book begins with foundational questions such as, How and when was the Bible written? Who decided which books made it into the scriptures and why? How literally must we read it? And, Is the Bible ever wrong?
From there, Hamilton considers the real questions people frequently ask that continue to divide Christians and denominations alike, including:
- Were Adam and Eve real people?
- Why is God so violent in the Old Testament?
- Why would Paul command women to "keep silent in the church"?
- Is Jesus the only way to salvation?
- How does God view homosexual people?
- Is the Book of Revelation a guide to the End Times?
In approachable and inviting language, Hamilton addresses these often misunderstood biblical themes leading readers to a deeper appreciation of the Bible so that we might hear God speak through it and find its words to be life-changing and life-giving.
Gift this Audiobook
Simply email this audiobook to a friend or print a certificate for later. Either way, your gift supports local bookstores and lets you share a story with the touch of a button.